God's Right Hand

I am noticing God's right hand through every detail in my life, and it's beautiful. I am learning from my friends how to pray differently and am so thankful to learn these lessons at a young age. I am learning how to pray in the name of Jesus, and am reminded to ask everything in His name and He shall answer it. There is so much power in His name. His name heals! His name restores souls! His name frees up those in chains!

Back in California, I would visit my chiropractor every few weeks for an adjustment. Note, I was doing crazy workouts and my body needed the realignment. In Uganda, my body also needs realignment, but from different reasons. The long motorcycyle rides to do medical community work, the bumpy roads full of potholes, the sleeping on hospital floors etc. Needless to say, I could really use an adjustment and have been feeling pain in my back and my head. Since access to chiropractors is limited, I am learning to pray for healing for my body, and Jesus answers and heals me. I give my pain to Him knowing He'll take it, which He does. Yes, I still take ibuprofen PRN (as needed), but I first pray, and then go to pharmaceutical interventions. When you're sick and in need of healing, pray for the Lord to heal (without doubting) and He will do so in Jesus' mighty name.

I've witnessed many miracles while living in Uganda. I've seen demons casted out of people, lame people who could not walk, take steps again and shortened legs extended to match the other leg length. Our God is alive and active and ever present in our world.

David wrote in Psalm 61 “My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me” (Psalm 63:8). God's hand has been upholding me and has been keeping me safe and secure. Not just physically safe, but spiritually and emotionally safe as well.

God has placed a vision on my heart to open a home for the vulnerable adults and elderly in Kabale and in the surrounding regions. This was confirmed after meeting Vence (read story on previous blog). The need is great and I know without a doubt this is what God is calling me to do. He is guiding me step by step and when I look back, I see how far He has already brought me.

Before beginning this project, I emailed a couple of friends from Kenya who opened a hospice center in Eldoret. The nurse who started it is an alum from my school and I went on a short term mission trip there in the summer of 2014. They both were so encouraging and recommended I get connected with the Palliative Care Associations in the capital, Kampala. After doing some research, I noted a few of the centers located around Uganda that offer out-patient palliative care. Last week I visited one of the mobile hospice centers and met the manager in charge. We shared stories, encouraged one another and he mentioned a training that another palliative care business is offering in October. So now I am registered to take a class on palliative care and will become certified. Our home, Kabale Assisted Living Nursing Home (KALNH), comprises of a team of 7 (2 pastors, 1 Doctor, 1 Accountant/Elder, 1 social worker and 2 nurses including myself). I am thankful for this team and for all the connections we already have.

Just a couple days ago, a few members of our team went to check out a house for sale that could be used for the KALNH home. We walked through the property and started to imagine it as home. It would have been a perfect 15 bed facility with many rooms in the center of town, but still quiet with a fish pond right behind the property. My friend and I prayer before leaving the property asking for God's guidance and wisdom as we proceed. The second we said amen, a lady who was renting one of the rooms called us over and explained the real reason why the owner is selling the property. Apparently the city is building a road through the property, therefore making the land very small. God heard our prayers and answered us!

Keep praying with us as we take steps towards this project.

Praises: God's protection and provision in my life, guidance for KALNH, friends who are family to me, a community of strong believers who encourage me on my walk with Jesus, physical health, and a renewed visa!

Prayer Requests: Continued guidance and wisdom while opening KALNH, Church dynamic, possible future visitor coming from Kabale to Bellflower. 

Ebenezer (Ebbie). "Look how far the Lord has brought us." My girl! I'm so thankful for her (and am learning how to be a mom).
See the chickens on the roof? Moments like this remind me I'm far from America :D

We had a baby shower for Ebbie (on her estimated due date!) She was just so excited for the party, she came a few weeks early to make sure she could attend :) We had 20 women over on a Sunday afternoon and had a lot of fun playing games, eating cake and sharing stories. This game was a race to see who could dress the baby the fastest and then place them on your back "African Style." These women are fast!

My Sister Agie sharing her delivery story. It is a miracle they are both alive today! We praise God for their health!

One of my favorite boda (motorcycle) rides! Usually the boda men ask me to find them white women or want something/try to charge me more. This man and I talked the entire 45 minute ride about different places in Uganda and America and he stopped to buy me the juiciest pineapple on the way.

My small group went to visit Denevence and her family and saved up money for her so she can start a popcorn business. Be praying with us that it can become successful so she can start earning an income to survive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating, Give-away Ceremonies, Weddings

How I've Changed